Here I go, craving salads again.I may be in denial that winter is still among us.Just this morning I had a strong urge to get up early, throw on my running shoes, strap on my Garmin, and run down the country roads around our house. Problem is – as beautiful a run that it is, it’s totally impossible with all this snow!My Uncle in British Columbia told me yesterday that the birds have returned, and the songs of the robins have filled his bedroom every morning this week.I can’t take it!So last night I tricked my mind; just for a moment, into thinking it was summer.To warm up this salad [because after all, it is still winter :(], I added ginger, and used yams instead of the traditional white potato.I just love the way the ginger compliments the raisins! This is a great go-to recipe when you’re invited to a last minute barbecue or pot luck. It was so easy to whip up! Print Sweet Nibbly Bits Yam Salad Author: Leanne Vogel Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 5-6 generous servings Play games with your taste buds with a twist of ginger, the sweetness of raisins, and earthy tones of yam. Great served on it’s own, as a side to a burger, or wrapped in a rice tortilla! Ingredients
- 2 medium sized yams, diced into ½ inch cubes – don’t peel!
- ½ cup veganaise [other types of mayonnaise can be used]
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- ½ teaspoon himalayan rock salt
- Black pepper
- Fill a large sauce pan of water, cover and bring to a boil. Place diced yams in pot and cook for 8-10 minutes [mine were perfect at 9 minutes]. Remember: you don’t want them too soft!
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- After yams are strained and rinsed, add to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Serve warm, or cold. Either way, it’s delicious!
3.3.3070 View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)What’s your favorite summer activity?
This entry was tagged: ginger, potato salad, raisins, salad