How is it June already? Are you enjoying the same nice weather that we’ve been having these last couple of days?I am so happy I ended up extending my vacation by a couple of days in hopes of getting caught up on things. I’ve been busy cleaning the house, putting away laundry [it never ends, I tell ya], and running errands.I got home yesterday at 2pm after running around all morning and had a empty belly and a mean sugar craving.I drank a bunch of water, heated up the indoor grill, and made this quesadilla in less time than it takes me to empty the dishwasher.Ugh, I hate emptying the dishwasher?! But I <3 this quesadilla.We can’t have it all I suppose. Print Jalapeno Chicken Quesadilla Author: Leanne Vogel Recipe type: Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Corn free Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 1 quesadilla A quick and easy, high protein dinner made up of jalapenos, healthy fats, plant, and animal based protein. Ingredients
- 1 rice tortilla
- ½ leftover chicken breast, diced
- ¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoon mozzarella daiya cheese or other non-dairy cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon herbamare or himalayan rock salt
- Preheat grill or if you don’t have a grill, preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once melted, add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add herbamare and red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Place all remaining ingredients on half of the tortilla. Fold over and place on the grill. Push down with the top and allow to cook for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. If cooking in the oven, place on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
3.4.3177 View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)What’s better than grilling up a meal in less than 10 minutes? Enjoying it outside! After I was done my quesadilla, I cuddled up to a good book on our patio and soaked in the sunshine [while wearing sunscreen of course!]What’s your go-to quick dinner? If you could give up one chore, for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This entry was tagged: chicken, mexican