Just like this recipe, today’s post is simple and sweet!Instead of spending the weekend in the kitchen trying out a bunch of new recipes and prepping for the week ahead, I made 1 quick breakfast recipe, took a couple of pictures of it and lost myself in our garden all weekend long.But hey, who said a quick breakfast couldn’t be a yummy one?
Inspired by Smuckers
print, email or text this recipe
Keto shopping lists, recipes, and more! Start keto with this FREE 5-step guide.
I’m ready! Print Berry Cinnamon Breakfast Nachos Author: Leanne Vogel Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Nut-free Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 16 nachos, 4 servings Switch up your morning routine by serving (vegan) nachos for breakfast, complete with nacho “cheese”, sauce, and toppings, all supported with crunchy wedges of cinnamon nachos. Ingredients Cinnamon nachos
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup garfava flour *see note
- ½ cup white rice flour
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- ⅓ cup fruit juice sweetened mixed berry jam
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed mixed berries
- To make nachos, preheat oven to 375F and line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Combine water, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Add dry ingredients, garfava flour, white rice flour, ground flax seed, cinnamon and salt, one by one and stir until lumps are gone.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and cook for 22 minutes. Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and return to oven on a non-lined baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. 10 minutes will yield a crunchier breakfast nacho.
- Meanwhile, prepare nacho sauce in a small dish by combining jam and almond milk. Set aside.
- Once nachos are complete, portion out onto 4 plates. Drizzle each plate with nacho sauce, mixed berry toppings and “cheese”.
View nutrition info
Notes Chickpea flour could be used instead of garfava. I haven’t tried the recipe with any other flours. 2.2.8 What’s your favorite quick and healthy breakfast recipe?
This entry was tagged: blueberry, chickpea flour, cinnamon, nacho, raspberry, strawberry