A keto-friendly drink to encourage fat-burning throughout the day. This version is nut-free and seed-free with less froth and even more hormone-balancing power!
Today’s keto recipe is a spicy twist on the Classic Keto Rocket Fuel Latte. You’ve been asking for a seed-free, nut-free Rocket Fuel Latte (aka RFL) that can be made ahead of time with pre-mixed keto ingredients. So here it is!
Keto shopping lists, recipes, and more! Start keto with this FREE 5-step guide.
The recipe calls for two generous scoops of Vital Proteins Marine Collagen. Why? Because collagen peptides are an extremely easy way to meet my glycine requirements for the day. I’m sure by now you’ve heard of the benefits of bone broth, yes? Well, many of the benefits of bone broth are because of its glycine content. Glycine is an essential amino acid responsible for the overall health of our muscles, joints, and immune system.
And, the best part? Adding collagen peptides to your hot or cold drinks does not change the consistency or taste of the recipe.
Benefits of Glycine
Glycine, the main amino acid found in Vital Proteins Marine Collagen, has been seen to assist in balancing inflammatory conditions such as ulcers, arthritis, leaky gut, diabetes, chronic fatigue, and sleep disorders (1, 2).
Also, glycine inhibits the deterioration of muscle, aiding in the healing and balancing of our bodies following intense exercise (3).
Lastly, glycine assists in the regeneration of the tissue that lines the digestive tract. Fabulous for anyone who experiences gut imbalances such as IBS, Crohn’s, leaky gut, ulcerative colitis, or acid reflux (4).
Prepare Ingredients Ahead of Time
If you don’t enjoy measuring out RFL ingredients every morning, here are the steps I take to prepare the ingredients for this Rocket Fuel Latte ahead of time:
- Keep a mixture of the dried ingredients in a mason jar. I like to have enough ingredients to last seven rocket fuel lattes.
- Mix liquid ingredients together and keep in single-serve containers in the fridge for up to 7 days. Note, if you are sensitive to histamines keeping coconut milk in the fridge for more than two days may bother you.
- Keep a batch of brewed coffee or tea in the fridge at all times. I make mine in the evening and allow the blender to heat it up during blending.
Interested in a different concept? Try my Rocket Fuel Latte Blocks. Just add coffee or herbal tea, blend, and go!
As with all keto Rocket Fuel Lattes, you can use any of the following items if you want to lower the caffeine, or remove it all together:
- Herbal tea, 0 caffeine
- Rooibos tea, 0 caffeine
- Chaga Tea, 0 caffeine
- Dandy Blend, 0 caffeine NOTE: if you are sensitive to gluten, you may react to this
- Mushroom Coffee, 40mg per cup
- Your choice!
Print Chili Rocket Fuel Latte Author: Leanne Vogel Recipe type: Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, Egg-free, Low-Carb, Keto Serves: 1 A keto-friendly drink to encourage fat-burning throughout the day. This version is nut-free and seed-free with less froth and more hormone-balancing power! Ingredients
- 1¾ cup (414ml) brewed coffee or tea
- 2 scoops (10 grams) Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) maca powder, optional
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 grams) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1-2 drops alcohol-free stevia
- Add all ingredients but collagen to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 1 minute. During the last 10 seconds, add collagen. Transfer to a cup and enjoy.
Notes Maca: I added the maca powder because so many in our community take it as a supplement for hormone-balancing and love the way it makes them feel. This is an optional ingredient and more there for herbal support than flavor.
Chili Powder: Sensitive to nightshades? No problem. Replace the chili powder for an equal amount of ground ginger.
Frothy: Because this rocket fuel latte doesn’t have seeds or nuts, the consistency isn’t as creamy as a Classic Rocket Fuel Latte. If you’re NOT sensitive to seeds or nuts, I highly recommend adding 1 tablespoon (10 grams) hemp hearts. 3.5.3226
View Nutrition Information (once on page, scroll down)
Did you know MCT oil also comes in powdered form? Ya! In its powdered state, it’s much easier to use, travel with, and incorporate into your favorite recipes. Plus, if you’ve experienced digestive issues with MCT oil before, MCT oil powder is a lot gentler on the gut. Check out my favorite brand of MCT oil powder here.
Recipe ingredients provided by SPUD.ca. Get $20 off your first organic grocery delivery when you use the coupon code PURSUIT20.
Enjoying your daily Rocket Fuel Latte? Tag your images on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with #rocketfuellatte. Every day we choose one image to feature on our main page.
This entry was tagged: dairy-free keto, eating high-fat, eating keto, eating low-carb, high-fat cooking, high-fat recipes, keto, keto cooking, keto diet, keto life, keto recipes, ketogenic, ketosis, low-carb cooking, low-carb paleo, low-carb recipes, rocket fuel