Let’s just pretend for a moment that you’re not sensitive to gluten, that deep fried chicken is nutritious, and that KFC isn’t bad for your health.Close your eyes and try to remember the last time you feasted on KFC breaded chicken complete with it’s secret blend of spices and golden, crispy skin.Now open your eyes, scroll down, and make this recipe now.Seriously this is my new absolute favorite way to enjoy chicken. It doesn’t require that you order from a takeout menu, skip on the breaded coating, or suffer from a deep fried hangover.
print, email or text this recipePrint “Breaded” Chicken Strips with Apricot Dijon Dipping Sauce Author: Leanne Vogel Recipe type: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 8 strips, 4 servings Gluten-free breaded chicken strips that taste just like KFC… minus the unhealthy fats, high calorie count, and deep fried hangover. Ingredients
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoon sweet rice flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 – 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 8 strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Working with one chicken strip at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet.
- Once all strips are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25-30minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165F. Flip halfway through.
- Serve with dipping sauce (below) alongside a light green salad or crispy homemade French fries.
View nutrition info
print, email or text this recipe
Keto shopping lists, recipes, and more! Start keto with this FREE 5-step guide.
Apricot Dijon Dipping Sauce
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-freePrep time: 2 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Total time: 7 minutes Yield: 1/4 cup, 2 servingsA tasty alternative to honey mustard dipping sauce. Great for chicken strips, egg rolls, sandwiches and more. There are no limits to how you can enjoy this sauce!
- 1/4 cup fruit juice sweetened apricot preserves (or you could treat yourself to apricot preserves made with xylitol!)
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 green onions, whites and greens sliced
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together preserves, Dijon, and chicken stock.
- Reduce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in scallions and serve!
View nutrition infoDo tell, what’s your favorite way to enjoy chicken?
This entry was tagged: chicken, Coconut